Understanding the Decarbonisation of Heat
About the course
This course will help you understand the fundamentals of low carbon heating. You will cover the background to domestic heating in Europe, including key technologies, policy drivers across key European countries.
We showcase the key technologies in heating, focusing on uptake rate and key barriers. The course finishes with a dive into key new services and business models, like energy as a service, being offered and the outlook for these.
Who this Course is Best For
- Individuals working in energy who want an understanding of how domestic heat might be decarbonised
- Those starting work on electrifying or decarbonising heat across Europe
- Those curious and interested in how we are addressing heating and energy efficiency in the transition
Required knowledge: Basic understanding of energy markets & structures. We recommend our foundation course first for those new to the energy industry.
Our next training session will take place on September, 19th-21st
23-25th January 2024
- Key definitions
- Background to residential heating and the challenge of decarbonisation
- Fundamentals of heating and energy efficiency technologies and their technology evolution
- What the main drivers are across Europe to the heating transition
- Who the main players are in the heating transition
- Overview of business models and propositions
- Client needs and the market outlook
- Session 1 – Introduction to residential heating, the decarbonisation challenge and key drivers.
- Session 2 – Fundamentals to different heating technologies and market sizes and who the main players are
- Session 3 – Client insight, propositions and business models in the transition
An understanding of why decarbonising the heating and cooling market is challenging, the role of different technologies and how consumers and business models are playing a role in the future
Our Trainers are Here to Help
You’ll love the hands-on approach of our training programmes. Our training professionals will guide you through the fundamentals of the energy transition market and current strategies to help you understand where opportunities for your business lie.
Ask Us a Question:
Interested in learning more about our training services?
Simply fill in our enquiry form and one of our team will get back to you.