Home Energy Management Systems
About the course
This course will help you understand the core of the rapidly changing home energy management systems (HEMS) market. The HEMS market is gathering pace and understanding interoperability in the home, the interface with the energy system and how consumers are responding. You will cover the key principles, technologies, companies and changing issues in the European market.
We showcase the key hardware and software technologies in the HEMS ecosystem, focusing on key issues such as interoperability, the role of demand-side flexibility and consumer needs. The course finishes with a dive into business models and the outlook for this increasingly contested market.
Duration: 1 day, 2 sessions, 3.5 hours
Delivery: Virtual (in person upon request)
Format: Small group with other companies (private available upon request)
Price: £545 per person. Existing subscribers to our services £485 per person. Group discounts available.
Who this Course is Best For
- Individuals working in home appliance and smart home companies who want to understand HEMS and the energy system opportunities
- Those working on residential energy products or propositions in energy companies or manufacturers.
- Those interested in energy flows in the home
Required knowledge: Basic understanding of energy markets & structures. We recommend our foundation course first for those new to the energy industry.
- Key definitions
- Background to energy system transition in the home
- Fundamentals of HEMS
- Key HEMS hardware and software
- What the main drivers are across Europe, including customers needs?
- Who are the main players in the HEMS?
- Overview of opportunities and business models
- Key barriers and future outlook
- Session 1 – Introduction to HEMS, context to the energy transition and key tehcnologies. residential heating, the decarbonisation challenge and key drivers.
- Session 2 – Fundamentals to different heating technologies and market sizes, and main players
An understanding of the basics of HEMS and identify key opportunities. You will learn why the market is changing, and how companies are bringing customer-centric propositions to market.
Our Trainers are Here to Help
You’ll love the hands-on approach of our training programmes. Our training professionals will guide you through the fundamentals of the energy transition market and current strategies to help you understand where opportunities for your business lie.
Ask Us a Question:
Interested in learning more about our training services?
Simply fill in our enquiry form and one of our team will get back to you.