Electrification of the Home
About the course
This course is aimed at anyone interested in how the home is electrifying. The course will help you understand the rapidly changing residential energy space. The home is rapidly becoming electrified with new technologies, propositions and business models emerging for a changing consumer. We will cover the key hardware and software technologies, key drivers and enablers, and the companies and changing issues in the European market.
We will showcase electrification technologies such as solar PV, EV charging and heat pumps, as well as home energy management systems (HEMS), demand-side flexibility and consumer needs. The course ends with a dive into business models and the outlook for this emerging market.
This Course is Aimed at
- Those working on any residential energy products or propositions in energy companies or manufacturers.
- Those working in home appliance and smart home companies who want to understand all the complete set of changes happening in the home.
- Gas and power networks and utilities who want to better understand changes at the electrification demand-side
Required knowledge: Basic understanding of energy markets & structures. We recommend our foundation course first for those new to the energy industry.
7-9th November 2023
12-14th March 2024
- Key definitions
- Background to energy system transition in the home
- Fundamentals solar PV & battery, EV charging, heat pumps and HEMS
- Overview of residential flexibility
- Consumer behaviour shift
- What the main drivers are across Europe/What are the main enablers, including digitalisation and finance?
- Overview of opportunities and business models
- Key challenges and future outlook
- Session 1 – Introduction to electrification in home in the context of the decarbonisation and the energy transition, Introduction to the core hardware and software technologies in home electrification.
- Session 2 – Overview of consumers behaviours and shifts in the home, including energy insights, and relationship with suppliers. Overview of enablers or electrification, including digitalisation, residential flexibility, financing, and supportive policy.
- Session 3 – Emerging customer propositions and business models and key challenges to the electrification of the home.
- An understanding of all electrification technologies in the home and key opportunities for the consumer and companies looking into this market.
- You will learn why the market is changing, and how companies are bringing customer-centric propositions to market, that will need to work in partnership with a variety of technologies in the home.
Our Trainers are Here to Help
You’ll love the hands-on approach of our training programmes. Our training professionals will guide you through the fundamentals of the energy transition market and current strategies to help you understand where opportunities for your business lie.
Ask Us a Question:
Interested in learning more about our training services?
Simply fill in our enquiry form and one of our team will get back to you.