Flexibility: Foundation to Practitioner
About the course
This course will allow you to understand flexibility and demand side response services in Europe. You will learn about the key terms and language in flexibility market and understand why the role of flexibility in the power system in Europe is changing.
We will talk you through the different types of flexibility that are available and traded and look at the key policies impacting flexibility services. We cover key steps in the VPP value chain as well as an overview of business models and examples. We finish with barriers to realising flexibility and the future outlook for the market.
Who this Course is Best For
- Individuals working in energy who want an understanding of the evolving flexibility market
- Those starting or transferring to work flexibility, demand-side response or with assets that rely on flexibility revenues.
- Those curious and interested in the emergence on new flexibility services
Required knowledge: Basic understanding of energy markets & structures. We recommend our foundation course first for those new to the energy industry.
Our next training sessions will take place on:
3rd-5th October 2023
25-29th March 2024
- Key definitions
- Why is flexibility in power systems important and how is it changing
- Understanding flexibility & demand response terms in context and in practice
- What the main drivers are across Europe and how they do they influence flexibility services
- What kinds of value streams are available and what do they help with?
- Overview of business models
- The outlook of the market
- Session 1 – introduction to the flexibility, its role in the electricity systems, drivers of flexibility needs and the different types of flexibility
- Session 2 – different flexibility values streams, the roles of different market actors and the analysis of virtual power plant activities
- Session 3 – flexibility business models, the European policy landscape and future outlook
A meaningful and precise understanding of flexibility markets, enabling you to think more clearly about how flexibility could add value to your business.
Our Trainers are Here to Help
You’ll love the hands-on approach of our training programmes. Our training professionals will guide you through the fundamentals of the energy transition market and current strategies to help you understand where opportunities for your business lie.
Ask Us a Question:
Interested in learning more about our training services?
Simply fill in our enquiry form and one of our team will get back to you.