Solar PV Research
Understanding the growth of Solar PV across Europe
About the service
Learn more about the current state of the Solar PV market in Europe, how it is evolving, what the current trends are, and what opportunities show the most promise.
Our Solar PV Research provides insights and data on how the residential and C&I markets are changing, how some companies are innovating in the way PV is being sold to customers, and how some new business models related to self-consumption will be accelerating.
LCP Delta’s Solar PV Research provides data, insight, analysis, and opinion that allow you to understand the opportunities to sell Solar PV to residential and C&I customers, how different players are positioning themselves, what the regulatory frameworks are across Europe, and how customers might buy PV in the coming years.
A new wave of solar PV installations across Europe has begun, spurred by a mix of demand-side and supply side dynamics. Against the backdrop of the 2021/22 energy crisis, customers are increasingly seeing solar PV systems as a hedging tool against electricity price volatility and retail price hikes.
In parallel, we are seeing more engagement from major energy retailers and more competitive solar PV plus tariff offers. New solar PV and battery market entrants have emerged with high growth ambitions – backed by large amounts of capital.
We expect continued growth out to 2030, with distributed solar PV becoming one of the leading sources of electricity in Europe.
LCP Delta – your partner in Solar PV insights
The development of the Solar PV markets in Europe will drive new growth engines for companies offering products, services and electricity to customers. Our comprehensive expert insight and research explores key considerations, such as:
- What is the current state of the residential PV self-consumption market?
- Collective self-consumption is set to become mainstream in the next 5 years. What will drive this market?
- How is the market evolving, what are the trends, and what opportunities show most promise?
- What is the most likely impact of changing regulatory frameworks for PV?
- How are companies positioning themselves in the market, who is succeeding, and how?
- What are the market shares between PV inverter manufacturers?
- Where are customers buying from and how is this likely to evolve going forward?
- What are the most promising business models and propositions?
- What will be the impact of leasing, energy as a service and other propositions?
- What will be the impact of European PV gigafactories?
Essential Solar PV Intelligence at your fingertips
By working with our clients on a subscription basis, the full breadth of our extensive research and insight is simple and intuitive to access.
As part of the subscription, you will receive:
Resources available in the subscription
Thoroughly researched reports on the most important home energy management developments.
Reactive, insightful reports from our industry experts exploring the latest home energy management news and events.
The data you need to make the best decisions for your business, including customer research and company profiles.
Company & Project Profiles
Case studies investigating the business models and customer propositions of companies in the home energy management space.
Ad hoc support from our expert team of analysts.
New Energy Summit
Priority entry to our New Energy Summit, giving you the chance to network and learn from industry experts.
Clients & Partners
Who we work with
Our research benefits a wide range of industries and organisations, including, but not limited to: