New Energy Business Model Service
About the service
New energy is characterised by a vast and complex variety of new technologies and business models. This change could be incredibly disruptive for those who fail to respond, but also creates huge opportunity for those that do. New Energy Business Model Service simplifies this complexity and helps subscribers identify, develop and grow new ideas and propositions. We are a cross cutting service that can help understand:
The rise in energy prices has created a wave of interest from domestic and business customers on how they deal with their energy bills. Investment in renewable energy is starting to become a ‘no brainer’ for those who can afford it. For those who can’t, innovative business models and customer propositions could provide access.
Other industries have been transformed as they moved away from traditional product sales and into new digital, service-based business models. We expect energy to follow suit, it’s just a question of how fast. The potential for almost any ‘as a service’ business model is there, and could be far-reaching for heating, solar and EV charging.
Service brochure and research highlights
LCP Delta: Your partners in developing new energy business models
How we develop new propositions and business models is at the centre of many questions and concerns surrounding the energy transition. Our comprehensive expert insight and research explores key considerations, such as:
- What innovative propositions are coming into the market?
- What is the state of the market and how will it grow?
- What values are emerging and how do new business models capture it?
- How are incumbents and new entrants responding to the threats and capturing opportunities?
- What do end-customers (both residential and C&I) really think about new energy propositions?
- What is the role of “as a service” business models for new technology like heat pumps, EV charging, solar and storage?
- How do you create value from new technology like battery storage and HEM?
- What are the different approaches to smart tariffs and dynamic pricing in the energy transition?
- What does the energy supplier of the future look like and who is most likely to succeed in the transition?
- What new technology could further disrupt the market in future?
Essential new energy business models intelligence at your fingertips
By working with our clients on a subscription basis, the full breadth of our extensive research and insight is simple and intuitive to access.
As part of the subscription, you will receive:
Resources available in the subscription
Thoroughly researched reports on the most important connected home and smart home developments.
Reactive, insightful reports from our industry experts exploring the latest connected home news and events.
The data you need to make the best decisions for your business, including customer research and company profiles.
Company & Project Profiles
Case studies investigating the business models and customer propositions of companies in the energy space.
Ad hoc support from our expert team of analysts.
New Energy Summit
Priority entry to our New Energy Summit, giving you the chance to network and learn from industry experts.
New Energy Business Models Database
Subscribers can access the New Energy Business Models Database which contains incisive descriptions of over 400 leading edge businesses, structured using the LCP Delta’s proprietary canvas to enable in-depth queries and analysis. Business models from across Europe and beyond were selected through our research based on inventiveness, sophistication or novel application.
Clients & Partners
Who we work with
Our research benefits a wide range of industries and organisations, including, but not limited to: