LCP Delta successfully supported a major Europeagan energy retailer in reviewing and developing its B2C Services Roadmap in several markets across Europe.
The client, a major European energy retailer, was reviewing its approach and solutions offerings for the smart home space; a major growth area for the business in which it has big ambitions to be a leading player. They were interested in how to expand its offerings as a way of protecting its existing customer base as well as enriching the customer relationship. The client needed a strategy to set out how to harness this opportunity but as an international company, it was important for the strategy to address the needs and contexts of different markets. LCP Delta, as a key partner, provided deep market insights and strategic support to enable the client to develop a compelling smart home strategy.
The key question
The core question was identifying the size of the B2C services opportunity and the offerings which would provide best revenue and margin growth. The project also looked into key competitors, preferred businesses cases, required partnerships and routes to market. These insights then shaped the creation of a roadmap for the coming decade.
What was needed
The client needed a range of detailed market insights to help shape their strategy. This included an understanding of solutions and offerings currently available, customer insights, forecasts of how the smart home market will grow to 2030, key player insights and business model analysis. They also needed strategic support, such as support creating business cases.
Significant stakeholder engagement within the company was also required to ensure buy-in and alignment from different business units on the vision and approach and create a single strategy.
What we did
We helped the company understand the wider home services market, the future value potential in the home services market and helped develop a framework for identifying the most relevant value creation opportunities.
We took a multi-step process with the client with a significant amount of stakeholder engagement, including:
- Providing data and insights on the home services market across Europe & forecasting its evolution to 2030. Plus, insights on key players and competitors active.
- Presenting this to group level and business units.
- Workshops with business units to understand their plans, activities, priorities, and resources around smart home.
- Managing and facilitating strategy workshops to define the group & business unit visions in smart home, supporting the units defining individual plans.
- Providing additional data and insights to support strategies for partnership and developing business cases.
- Presenting & supporting conversations with senior leadership teams to help get buy in on the plans.
The LCP Delta difference
Our independent expert advice enabled a highly collaborative approach between the different business units, ultimately enabling a single vision across the business to be developed – and bought in to. Flexibility in our approach and our ability to manage and facilitate workshops and getting timely input from various stakeholders enabled the project to progress quickly.
We have since supported the client as it thinks about and develops additional customer solutions in the B2C and B2B energy services space.