Supporting the development of strategic marketing and sales strategy to effectively target Hyperscale, Colocation and Edge Data Centres on sustainability solutions.
The client is dedicated to crafting robust and sustainable solutions for data centres of every size and type. Their mission is to guide data centres towards their green objectives while ensuring highest reliability and resource utilisation. The client wanted to develop a comprehensive marketing and sales approach, that reflects voice of customers and align seamlessly with the needs of key decision makers and ‘personas’ in a data centre set up.
The key question
The key question we helped our client address is: “How can we effectively design and implement marketing and sales strategies that resonate with data centre clients’ sustainability and ESG goals, ensuring differentiation in the market and position us as a leader in the Data Centre sustainability solutions?
What was needed
To achieve this, our client needed a deep dive into current market trends, regulatory drivers and key market challenges faced by Data Centres in implementing the long-term sustainability strategies. In addition, it was also crucial to see what competitors are doing and how they are setting a marketing narrative around sustainability in their communication strategy.
LCP Delta developed an approach that entailed:
- Market Analysis: Comprehensive research into understanding trends, customer behaviours, and sustainability benchmarks.
- Voice of Customer Insights: In-depth primary interviews with data centre clients regarding their sustainability needs, challenges, and approaches.
- Competitive Landscape Review: An assessment of what competitors are doing in terms of sustainability marketing and sales, identifying best practices and areas of differentiation.
- Segmentation Study: Categorising different types of data centres (Hyperscale, Colocation, Edge) and their unique needs to tailor strategies effectively.
- ESG Goal Assessment: Understand the specific Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) objectives that data centre clients have to support our client tailoring it offerings accordingly.
- Strategy Development: Develop a marketing and sales strategy and narrative that communicates the clients’ value proposition clearly, resonates with data centre sustainability objectives, and help our client position itself as a leader in the market.
The LCP Delta difference
LCP Delta reinvigorated our clients’ marketing approach to the Data Centre market. Through meticulous market analysis, harnessing direct feedback from Data Centre clients, and understanding the competition, LCP Delta crafted a tailored strategy for each Data Centre segment. In addition, LCP Delta also provided the client with a Sales Toolkit and a clear roadmap, positioning them as a leader in the Data Centre sustainability market.
The outcome? The client is now better equipped, poised to engage with clients in a way that’s both impactful and deeply resonant.